CMI: Our Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts and authoritative for daily living. We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death for our sins, and His bodily resurrection from the grave.
We believe that all people are sinners by nature and by practice, are sentenced to eternal separation from God, and are in need of personal regeneration by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who have so trusted Christ as their Savior are indwelled by the Holy Spirit of God and enabled to live godly lives through submission to Him and dependence on Him.
We believe in the imminent return of Christ, and in resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal judgment.
Statement of Faith
- That “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God.”
- That the Godhead eternally exists in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- In the personality and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That man was created in the image of God, but the whole human race fell in the fall of the first Adam.
- That Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute before God and died for the sins of the world.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ.
- That Jesus Christ in the fullness of the blessings He has secured by His death and resurrection is received by faith alone.
- That the Church is composed of all who truly believe on Jesus Christ as Savior.
- That all believers are called into a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices.
- In the evangelization of the world.
- In the personal return of Jesus Christ.
- That the souls of those who have trusted Jesus Christ for salvation do at death immediately pass into His presence.
- That the souls of the lost remain after death in misery until the final judgement.
- In the reality and personality of Satan.