As children’s ministry leaders, our primary focus should always be to teach boys and girls about the true Jesus from the “Word of Truth,” the Bible. Clear Bible teaching is what children need to hear every time they come to church, and this must become your number one priority if it isn’t already. I cannot emphasize strongly enough the importance of teaching kids about Jesus from God’s Word.
Almost every religion on earth claims some manner of belief in Jesus. But when those claims are held to the light of Scripture, it becomes very clear that they are teaching about a false Christ, not the Biblical Jesus.
It is not uncommon for children whose parents profess faith in Mormonism, Islam, Hinduism, New Age, or some other non-Christian religion to visit your church with friends. These children may have heard the name of Jesus at home, but that Jesus is not the same Jesus that the Bible tells us about.
Never assume that the kids in your children’s ministry understand who the true Jesus is, because there are many false christs that they may hear about from others. (Matthew 24:5, 24; Mark 13:6, 21-22: Luke 21:8)
The true historical Jesus is the One revealed in the Bible. Remember, God’s Word is where we go for Truth (John 17:17, Psalm 119:160). Here is what the Scripture says about the true historical Jesus.
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible fulfilled more than 300 Old Testament prophecies about the Messiah (Isaiah 53; John 19:28; Matthew 5:17; Luke 4:21, 18:31; 22:37, 24:44).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible was born of a virgin. His birth was miraculous (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:27; Isaiah 7:14).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible is God! He is the second person of the Triune God, who is also known as “God the Son” and “Son of God” (John 8:58, 10:30; 1:1, 18, 5:26) Matthew 3:17, 17:5; Mark 1:11, 5:7, 9:7; Luke 1:35, 3:22)
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible is fully God and fully man. He has two distinct natures (Colossians 2:9; Titus 2:13; John 1:14, 8:58, 20:28; Luke 2:52, 24:39).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible is sinless. He is perfect and has never sinned (I Peter 2:22; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; I John 3:5).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible performed many miracles (John 2:11, 23, 3:2, 4:54, 6:2, 14, 11:47, 12:18).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible died on the cross to atone for the sins of all the people who would believe in Him (John 3:16; I John 2:2; Romans 3:25; Hebrew 2:17; Revelation 1:5).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible was bodily raised from death to life by the Holy Spirit, under the full authority of God (Romans 8:11; John 2:19-21; Acts 2:24, 32).
- The true histiorcal Jesus of the Bible defeated Satan, sin, and death for all who would believe in Him (Hebrews 2:13-14, I Corinthians 15:3; 2 Timothy 1:10; I Peter 2:24).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible ascended to Heaven, where He lives today, awaiting His Second Coming to earth (Acts 1:9-11, I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Hebrews 9:28).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible is the only One who can save us from our sin and God’s wrath. Only through God the Son can we know God the Father (John 14:6; Romans 5:1, 8-9; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- The true historical Jesus of the Bible is Lord of all (John 13:13)!
Teach these things about Jesus to the boys and girls in your children’s ministry so they can discern between the true Christ and the many false christs that are deceiving people worldwide.
When we teach children, it is essential that we stick to the Scripture and not add to it or remove anything from it. In other words, we do not makeup stuff about Jesus. God has told us everything He wants us to know about His Son in the Bible.
There is a very solemn warning in the Bible that we must heed. It is found in Galatians 1:9 (ESV) and says, “As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.”
Please take this warning seriously. God will hold us accountable for what we teach about His Son. There is no room for error, and we must get this right by teaching children Biblically.
If we fail to teach children about the true historical Jesus from the Bible, their understanding of Christ will be wrong, their faith will be misplaced in a false christ, their worship will not be accepted, and they will not be saved from their sins and God’s wrath. In other words, they are lost! So remember, children’s ministry is a serious business because it counts for eternity. Therefore, take your job of teaching children about Jesus seriously.
FOR YOUR MINISTRY TOOLBOX
1) Make sure that all of your children’s ministry teachers teach kids about the true historical Jesus from the Bible, not the Jesus of their imaginations or the counterfeit Jesus of false religions.
2) Check out all of the Bible verses in the Show Notes, as only a few were mentioned in this podcast. If your podcast provider does not publish the Show Notes, visit our website at www.cmikids.com, and you will find them there under the title of this episode.
3) In this podcast, I asked you to REMEMBER two important things. What were they? Listen to this episode again, or find them in the Show Notes to help your memory. Then write them down and memorize these two things so you will always REMEMBER them.
TAGS: Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 53; Matthew 1:18-25, 3:17, 5:17, 17:5; 24:5, 24; Mark 1:11, 5:7, 9:7; 13:6, 21-22: Luke 1:27, 35, 2:52; 4:21, 18:31, 21:8, 22:37, 24:39, 44; John 1:1, 14, 18, 2:11, 19-21, 23, 3:2, 16, 4:54, 5:26, 6:2, 14, 8:58, 10:30, 11:47, 12:18, 13:13, 14:6, 19:28, 20:28; Acts 1:9-11, 2:24, 32; Romans 3:25, 5:1, 8-9, 6:23, 8:11; I Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:9; Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:9; I Thesalonians 4:16-17; 2 Timothy 1:10; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 2:13-14, 17, 4:5, 9:28; I Peter 2:22, 24; I John 3:5; Revelation 1:5; Jesus; Bible; false christs; Teaching Children
© 2022 Children’s Ministries International, Inc.